Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

July 9: Trip Day Five

Today is the last day Chris and I will get to spend together.

We slept in and went for a little drive around Banff. It is such a beautiful town! We went to a small river and took some photos, then to the Spaghetti Factory for some grub. After a delicious meal, we went to hang out at the river. There was a beautiful waterfall and a bunch of activities, such as white water rafting and horseback riding. We would have loved to do either or all of these events, but we didn't have a lot of time. So we put our toes in the ice cold water and then started our drive through the rockies toward Edmonton.

We decided to head North through Lake Louise instead of East to Calgary. I wanted to see more of the rockies. I am SO glad that I took the long way! Those mountains are remarkable. Words and pictures just can't do them justice. You just have to go see them for yourself.

We stopped along a beautiful lake in the rockies. The water there is so blue! It doesn't even look real -- there's got to be food colouring in there!

We arrived in Leduc (just outside of Edmonton, where the airport is) at around 7:30pm. We saw a bunch of expensive hotels, so kept driving until we saw a motel that looked pretty cheap. It advertised that it's rooms were 59.99 so we a pulled in. As we parked, I noticed that suite was only 99 dollars. So... we booked a suite!

It was amazing! I loved it! It has a jacuzi, fireplace (which we never did figure out how to turn on), a full kitchen, and it was huge! I loved it! We didn't even want to go out for dinner but by the time 11pm rolled around, I was hungry. So off we went, at 11:20pm, to McDonalds!

It was a really fun and carefree day and I'm really glad we got the chance to relax together before Chris has to leave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment