Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Advice That I have Received Since Arriving in La Crete

I haven't been here long yet (about 24 hours) but I thought I would list some of the advice I have been given from people in the community since I've arrived. I'm not going to name any names on here, so if you want to hear the complete story, just ask me! I'm going to keep updating this, so be sure to check back often!

-"Give it a week"

-"People usually drive around 120km/hr or 130km/hr here. There usually aren't any cops between here and the ferry."

-"Don't be seen in public smoking, drinking, or with a boy."
This is due to the fact that I am a girl in a mennonite community

-"The Mennonites here are ignorant, so don't take it personally."

-"You should learn Old German. Not so you can understand what people are saying TO you, but ABOUT you."

No comments:

Post a Comment