Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Piles of snow in the middle of the road?

Okay, I'm not sure if this is an Alberta thing, or a Northern thing, but it's weird and it almost killed me!

A few evenings ago, after a large snowfall (such as everyday..) Chris and I were heading out for a late dinner in La Crete. I was at the stop light and went to turn left, by the post office, when all of a sudden there was a giant snowbank in the middle of the road, almost at eye level to me in my Sunfire. I almost hit it! It was right down the middle of all the side roads in La Crete, and well over 3 feet high.

Apparently, in La Crete (or maybe all of Alberta?), instead of plowing the snow into the side ditches, they plow it into the middle of the road and then take it away and make giant mountains of snow in various places in the town. It's great because then you don't have huge ditches and you're able to see farther, but they should have signs up or something when they've got snow piled up in the middle of the roads!

1 comment:

  1. The thorns of hawthorn leaves can be removed and placed in the anus to relieve the inflammation. Applied on the affected area, coconut oil has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, which can help the pile heal faster.
    Ayurvedic

    ReplyDelete