Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

Interviewing and meeting Clayton Bellamy (The Road Hammers)



Above is a photo of myself and Clayton Bellamy, country music star from The Road Hammers, after a performance and inspirations speech at Bonnyville Centralized High School recently.

I had seen him perform with The Road Hammers years ago; however, never by himself. I really enjoy his solo music and couldn't believe what a moving, passionate and inspirational speaker he was. He's entertaining in so many ways with his words.

Clayton is originally from Bonnyville, which was something I didn't realize. Since I love country music, and am a huge supporter of local artists, I was excited when I heard he would be back in Bonnyville for a performance. He spent last week touring a few northern, rural Alberta schools, advertising his newest album and promoting students to follow their dreams - whatever they may be.

Bonnyville offers a lot of country music, which I really love. In April, Emerson Drive will be performing in Bonnyville and Ronnie Dunn (from Brooks and Dunn) will be performing in June. And we're just hours away from Edmonton, where so many other acts are going on, such as Lady Antebellum and outside of country music, my beloved Stars on Ice tour.

Ah Bonnyville, why must you offer so many artistic options. My bank account will soon be cross with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment