Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

High Valley meets my parents in Belleville, Ontario



This is a photo my dad took of my mom with High Valley, in Belleville, Ontario. High Valley was on tour with Carolyn Dawn Johnson, and since buying their CD I have fallen in love with their music. I looked up their tour dates and saw they would be in Belleville Ontario, about a 20 minute drive from my parents' house.

It only made sense for them to buy tickets.

So they did. They loved the concert. Their only complaint was that High Valley's portion was too short.

My parents made this colourful, lovely sign for High Valley and my mother bumped her way through the crowd and made her way to their table while signing autographs. All the while, both she and High Valley were laughing.

"We knew you were coming," one of them said to my mother. "Ashley told us!" I had interviewed them a few weeks before, via phone, regarding their nomination for the CCMAs.

I am kind of jealous that my parents, three provinces away, have met this local band and I still havent. And apparently we go to the same church, and their parents live just across the street.

They promised me a visit before Christmas, and High Valley, I'm still waiting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment