Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A little catch up

Hello fellow blog readers,

I am sorry this blog post is so long overdue. Things have been crazy busy here in the north, preparing for my vacation to Ecuador with Chris, wrapping up my employment with the Chamber of Commerce, and just trying to get through the dark, cold, winter... which actually includes spring.

It's definitely been a tough winter. It's been extremely cold, so cold that both of our cars have had their fair share of time in the shop, and it's been dark, which had definitely taken a toll of my regularly giddy self. But this morning, when I got up around 7:30am, the sun was already shinning brightly. The weather sure has an impact on your day. Usually, I would feel tired in the morning when the sun wasn't up, making me tired and grumpy all day, but today I woke up energized, even with fewer hours of sleep than usual.

Yesterday I took both of our cats (Lilly is now Willy, as we have discovered she is not a she, but a he) and Mimi to the vet yesterday to get fixed. I go today to pick them up. I hope they're not too scared without us!

This summer I have a couple of things to look forward to. My parents wanted to come visit, but couldn't get any respite for Bradley. So now Mom, her sister Heather, and my cousin Josie are coming July 21 to 29, which should be a ton of fun. We plan to go to the North-West Territories for a night or two with Chris.

I was sad that my Dad couldn't make it, but was glad to hear that he was going to Vegas for a few days with a friend for a vacation. And to my surprise, he is going to come visit me after his trip! June 15to 19 Dad is going to come see me in La Crete. He won't get to stay very long, but the visit will be great! I can't wait to see him!

Dylan had thought about coming out this summer but then decided to stay home and work for our cousin, Shawn. So I guess I'll be seeing my brothers at Christmas! :(

Hmm, what else is new in the life if Ashley?

I have been busy getting all these vaccines to go to Ecuador next week that I have been brutally and violently ill for the last few weeks. I've been spending weeks being sick so I don't get sick in Ecuador, and I'll bet I still get sick! But, Yellowfeaver, Malaria, Hep A, Hep B, MMR, and everything else, will be worth it. Or so they tell me. But as of right now, it's causing a huge itchy patch on my arm, soreness, and an upset stomach.

We fly out Tuesday, April 19 for my birthday and easter. So if you don't hear from me for a while, it's because I'm enjoying pina-colodas on a beach in Ecuador, soaking up the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment