Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Becomming an Albertan

It's official, I'm an Alberta.

I'm not sure how to feel about it. Excited? Because now I am officially a grown up, with a grown up job. Or sad? Because I love Ontario, and now I'm no longer an Ontarian.

My Albertan license came in the mail about a week ago. It sure isn't as beautiful as my blue and green Ontario licnese, but I suppose it will do.

Then, my Alberta Health "card" came in. I put card in quotations because you can hardly call the thick peice of paper a card. It's not even laminated. *sigh* they just don't do things the same way here in Alberta, my fellow Ontarians!

In a few minutes Chris will be putting my Alberta license plate on my car, which I purchased about three or four weeks ago, but have neglected to put on my car. Partly, because I was lazy and the weather has been far too cold. But mostly because I didn't want to get rid of the last Ontarian Id I had. Besides, I love it when people comment on my license plate. Today, while I was getting gas, the lady beside me rolled down her window and said "You're a long way from home!" We talked a little bit about Ontario, which I love, because I sure miss it!

Okay, I'm a little LOT homesick and can't WAIT for Christmas to go back home and see everyone I left behind!

Until then,
-Dearly missing Ontario

No comments:

Post a Comment